I have two Synology boxes, an older DS212 and a DS1815+ that I use for my lab and other purposes. They were in need of an update andI thought I would put together a simple post about upgrading Synology to the latest DSM. This process covers updating from Synology DSM 5.2-5592 Update 2 to Synology DSM 6.0-7321 Update 6
Synology Update 6 release brought a ton of new features and fixes, you can read more about that here.
- MailPlus / MailPlus Server – all new private cloud mail server
- New Collaboration Tools – SpreadSheets and Note station
- SSD Cache – Greater support for SSD cache
- Data Protection – snapshot replication
- Virtual DSM & Docker – Containers (This is probably the feature I am looking forward to the most)
- Cloud & File Syncing – more
- 64 Bit Architecture
- New Accessibility Features
Now onto the upgrade process..